Track & Field Arcade Game for sale. A Konami classic from 1983.
Works and plays great. Has button guard but can be removed. Bright, crisp monitor. Can replace side art and CPO prior to sale or keep it as is, I dig the weathered game look.
We don't ship games but we can assist in palleting and boxing up for your shipping company.
In the original arcade game, the player uses two "run" buttons (or a trackball in later units that replaced buttons damaged from overuse) and one "action" button to control an athlete competing in the following six events
- 100 Meter Dash – Running by quickly alternating button presses.
- Long jump – Running by alternating button press and correct timing for jump. Hold jump button to set angle (42 degrees is optimal).
- Javelin throw – Running by alternating button presses and then using action button correct timing for angle (43 degrees is optimal).
- 110 Meter Hurdles – Running by alternating button presses and using action button to time hurdles
- Hammer throw – Spinning initiated by pressing a run button once and then correctly timed press of action button to choose angle (45 is optimal).
- High jump – Running (speed set by computer) and then action button must be held down to determine angle of jump. Once in the air, the run button can be rapidly pressed for additional height.